Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rebonded My Hair!


Aww.. It's been about a week since I last put up a post.. It's been a tough week although I did take Friday off to go to my hairdresser. I badly need a haircut. I have been keeping my hair long for the wedding but since then I have not gotten a trim in a while.

Anyways, I was a Jon's on Friday and I decided to try something new.. So I rebonded my hair! Jon was a bit skeptical at first as he knew that I love curls & waves more than the boring straight hair especially given that I have natural curls. However, to do a ceramic perm / normal perm would require some work maintaining them... which is absolutely not for me as I am a super low maintenance person (aka lazy) when it comes to hair. Thus it is a no-no for me. With rebonding, it basically do not need to go the extra mile of maintaining it! *Hurray*.. so that's what I picked.

The results were great! I think everyone in the salon thought I look younger.. keke.. My hubby thought I looked like a schoolgirl again although my size gave it away.. lol! But having straight hair does make one look younger, don't you think? Well, the most amazing thing is that my hair doesn't look like a mess in the morning and it's super easy to maintain.. I am so glad that I did it! Not sure why it took me such a long time to try it...

Have you rebonded your hair? Do you think it makes you look younger!? For now, I love my look, ... ask me again in 6 months time, maybe I am back to curls again.. lol! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel great to have a fresh hairdo?! I have a much needed cut scheduled for Tuesday.

Audrey said...

I get a "trim" every 9 months or so - about 4" taken off.
Why is it that people with curly hair want straight hair and us poor folks with poker straight hair want curls? I used to get perms when I was younger, but no more. To much work.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I would love to have perfect straight hair every morning and not have to think about it and will be done away with the bad hair days!!!

Trying to tame my hair everyday to look good can be a chore!

Piggy said...

Melinda - Yes it was great having a new hairdo. My hubby always think that I look best when I come home from Jon's lol!

Audrey - lol! I know what you mean.. the grass is always greener on the other side.. Yes perms are hard work to maintain..

Glitzer - Tell me about it :) Let's hope these straightness last me a good 6 months. :)

Debra said...

It's always fun getting your hair done.

Anonymous said...

Piggy - about the yerba mate, I think it is more bitter than sweet. It could be sweetened though and would probably taste nice.

Piggy said...

Melinda - Thanks for getting back to me on the yerba mate! I will try to look out for it here in Singapore :)

Debra - Yes it is.. Although, I hate to be stuck in my seat the whole day at the salon..