Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Operation Spring Cleaning


One of the things that I have started doing this month besides finishing my Christmas shopping is to spring clean my supplies cupboard.  (Yes, I have loads of beads, charms etc.)  I am a hoarder when it comes to crafts supplies.

I started drawer by drawer, repacking my jewelry supplies, segregated the beads, crystals, charms and findings into ziplock bags.   I broke them up into different materials too e.g. brass, silver plated, sterling etc.  I kept all the price tags so that I know how much each one costs.  The best thing about spring cleaning is that you will "discover" or "uncover" treasures that you have stored away, forgotten until now.  I actually found some charms that I have bought some time back and have yet to use them in my jewelry pieces!

It is definitely a long overdue exercise as I often get "bugged" by Mr B to clean up my "creative mess".  Interestingly, I found spring cleaning quite therapeutic! Not sure why it took me so long to get around to doing it. :)

It took me 3 days but I am almost done with the jewelry supplies and will look to move on to packaging supplies (And Yes I have another cupboard for that.) in the coming days.

Till tomorrow... now what I need is a nice long bath..

Jewelry supplies segregated into ziplock bags.

No comments: