Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Packaging - Are you a sucker?


I am a self declared packaging sucker. I love buying items with cute packaging.. For some reason, cute & brightly colored packaged items always catch my eye and I appreciate the finest details. My friends call me a packaging sucker.. keke :) But to me that goes to show how important packaging is.

Besides checking out items with beautiful packaging, I love shopping for packaging supplies for my Etsy shop. They are just tons to choose from and sometimes you get so overwhelm that you forgot that you are running a business and you tend over shop.. *guilty as charged*

Recently one of my suppliers for my boxes has increased its price. In addition, I was told that it will take me 2 months before I will receive it and I have to buy for the items upfront. I was so ANNOYED! Thus I decided to revamp my packaging strategy... but to what?

Here are some of my favorites and thoughts.. My packaging may be a combination of some..
  • Organza bags
  • Colored / printed tissue paper
  • Custom stickers
  • Boxes (source for new suppliers)
  • Ribbons (LOVE ribbons!)
  • Source for other containers.. (e.g. tin cans, plastic containers)
If you were to buy jewelry, what would you love to see your pieces be packaged in?

10 comments:

AMIdesigns said...

I use organza bags for my jewellery or a cardboard box for more delicate necklaces. There is something lovely about pretty packaging isn't there!

BlenderBach said...

ohh, I'm a sucker for a cute package, too :) For jewelry, I do like a box of some sort, but so long as it's not breakable I like cute wrapping and bags, also.

Piggy said...

AMI & BlenderBach - Yes, I use organza bags too but prefer the box option better.. *sigh*.. Alot of jewelry shops uses organza bags.. so.. I guess I just wanted to see how I can differentiate my shop from the rest.. Food for thought.. :)

paperwhite said...

I love the custom stickers idea...

StrungAlong said...

I want the packaging to look sophisticated.

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

I use tissue paper and ribbons...for jewelry organza bags are gorgeous. But something really unique would make me remember the shop. If it reflects your style of jewelry, even better :)

Joyce said...

I love organza bags, but i always feel the jewelry will get crushed in transit. So I prefer a box.

I love things in cute packaging too!

trishie said...

Oh, I'm a real sucker for packaging too!

KriskropMemories said...

the brighter and bolder the packaging the better, gets me everytime

Amy said...

Packaging is awesome! I love packaging my goodies all cute before sending them out, and I just love getting prettily wrapped presents from people. I've always been amazed at how lots of countries in Europe and Asia package almost EVERYTHING purchased at a store, whereas in the US not every little thing is packaged (like in tissue paper, etc.)